Join Our Team
Where you choose to start your career as a new graduate makes a huge difference to your first years in allied health. The right organisation will build your confidence, support your career growth and deliver work satisfaction.
Everyday Independence has an extensive new graduate program for occupational therapists, speech pathologists and physiotherapists wanting to work in a social model of disability.
Call 1300 179 131 or complete our careers form to speak with our People and Culture team about opportunities for graduates. We’re recruiting for new graduates to join us in September & November 2020 and January & March 2021.
Our new graduate program offers:
- Outstanding support from a dedicated team leader and separate mentor.
- support to work in scope to your skills and interest
- comprehensive training to develop best practice therapy plans and write excellent reports as you build confidence and grow in your role.
- being a part of a close interdisciplinary team that meets regularly and supports each other.
- joining a team who are the proud winners of the 2019 Team Culture award at the Australian Allied Health awards.
Our OTFS programme
- Join an industry leading 16-week induction programme that supports all new starters to learn together. Our new starters rate this programme as one of highlights of their early career.
- Share your new graduate experience with a group of fellow new graduates from our therapy hubs across Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
- Learn and grow in a supportive environment including being supported by an experienced therapist when you do your initial assessments.
- Develop as a therapist working in a social model of disability and embedding a person-centred approach in your daily work.
- Our graduate programme will set you up for a career in disability within your chosen area of interest.
- We have career pathways for Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Leadership, Early childhood and Positive Behaviour Support.
- You are encouraged to explore many different areas of therapy before you decide on your area of passion and growth whether that is a particular clinical area or leadership.
- As one of Australia’s largest private allied health organisations that continues to grow, we have many opportunities for promotion and for people to grow their career.
Flexible working and work-life balance
- With our person-centred approach, we support you to live and enjoy your everyday life and to reach your full potential in the very same way we support the people with our therapy services.
- Enjoy flexible working schedules, autonomy over your day to day, flexible work locations and the opportunity to tailor your caseload to your area of interest.
- All roles are ongoing and permanent and full time and part time roles are available.
- Be supported by an outstanding administration team who provide you with all the support you need for scheduling and other administration tasks, freeing you up to focus on therapy.
Working for an organisation that gives back
- We never underestimate the potential of people living with a disability and champion the initiatives of the people we support.
- Our Everyday Magic programme puts the power (and money) in our therapists’ hands to purchase simple but impactful items that our participants couldn’t otherwise afford to make it easier for them to achieve their goals.
Check out our Podcast
You might also want to stream our very first Everyday Independence Podcast, where you will hear from Leanne Healey, Everyday Independence Director and OT of the Year who gives a great background about our organisation and where we are heading!