Vision and Values
At the heart of everything we do is the belief that everyone has the right to live to their full potential and enjoy an everyday life, and that disability shouldn’t be a barrier to achieving this.
Exactly what this looks like is different for each person and our team of occupational therapists, speech pathologists, physiotherapists and Support Team members all work towards this aim with each individual in mind.
We do this by:
- Coming to you, where you live, work, learn and play
- Focusing on your unique needs, goals and situation
- Delivering evidence based therapies that achieve the results that are meaningful to you
- Using a team based approach with the right therapy at the right time to achieve your goals
- Our actions reflect what we say and believe. We build trust by doing what we say we will do.
- We are straightforward and approach our work with good will and good humour.
- We don’t make excuses and we don’t blame.
- We put people at the centre of everything that we do.
- We listen and understand.
- We focus on getting the right people.
- We seek to ensure that our team does not work excessive hours and have time for themselves and others outside of work.
Whatever It Takes
- We work hard to develop and enhance the lives of people
Easier and Simpler
- We are easy to deal with.
Strengths-Based and Empowerment
- We harness strengths, promote confidence, independence and self-sufficiency, and realise areas where they are untapped.
- We encourage people to find and use their own voices and pursue their goals.
- We support each other to be the best we can be. We don’t jump in and do everything ourselves or take over but look to developing the skills of people and our team.
- We adopt a “partnership of equals” recognising the value of everyone we work with, their experience and expertise.
- We have a growth mindset and invest in clinical excellence, best practise standards and quality clinical supervision.
Purpose and Urgency
- We value time and every moment is spent with purpose.
- We know that habits of procrastination and perfection affects our momentum.
- We set timelines and targets and we eliminate unnecessary activity.
- We focus and keep meetings and communications positive, productive and to the point.
- We want the people we support to move forward in their life with greater momentum, we don’t make excuses and we work with a sense of urgency, making steady progress and improvement.
- We act and make decisions on what makes a real difference to the quality of life of those we support.
Nimble and Flexible
- We maintain the right staff mix with the right skills.
- We stay in touch and adapt quickly to change and rapidly transition from thinking to action.
- We maintain the right balance between centralised and local decision making.
Positive Approach to Risk
- We recognise that every opportunity involves risk and a life without risk is a life without opportunity. We are open to possibilities and learn through experiences.
Recognition, Encouragement and Appreciation
- We seek to identify opportunities to praise and encourage each other and we celebrate success.