Preparing for school
The transition to school is an exciting and sometimes daunting for children and their families. Children who have additional challenges can benefit from therapy support to develop skills, address any issues that might pose barriers and build confidence.
Our therapists work with children in their preparation to start school by helping you to identify any stressors or anxieties that you or your child are having about school transition and to take a proactive approach to address them early. This can include:
- Preparing for new routines
- Familiarisation of the school environment
- Developing important ‘getting ready for school’ skills like getting up in time, dressing, brushing teeth, packing a school bag and knowing how to manage a lunchbox.
- Social skills like making friends, taking turns or sharing.
- Fine motor skills including holding a pen or using technology in the classroom if needed.