Team Therapy Approach
Many people we support need more than one therapy to help them achieve their goals. Our occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech pathologists work with a team based approach to provide you with the right therapy at the right time to achieve your goals. This gives you better outcomes because everyone is working towards the same goals and co-ordinating the therapy together as needed.
Team therapy is a really effective way for two or more different therapists to work together to understand your needs and goals and plan and deliver the best therapy approaches.
We form a team, with you being the expert of what you want and need; while we bring specialised knowledge and experience in health, rehabilitation and disability services.
The benefits of the Team Therapy Approach are:
- You share your story and what is important to you just once to the therapy team.
- Your outcomes are improved through the co-ordination of your therapy resources around common goals.
- You can save time and funds by mapping out a plan with the team together to avoid “overlap” of therapy resources.
- You are placed in the middle of communications and decisions at the start, and this is where you stay.
- Communication is easier and more effective. This helps to build your confidence and skill in co-ordinating your own therapy.
- It is cheaper than having individual assessments with individual therapists and it can save significant time by mapping out a well-planned therapy strategy.