Whether you’re looking to relocate temporarily or perhaps make Australia your new home, we understand there are many considerations when making these big life decisions. We recognise this is a time of great excitement and anticipation of what this new life might hold, and we’re excited to be on the journey with you, to support you through the process every step of the way. We know from experience that having the right level of support and information early in the process makes a huge difference when moving to a new country, and we’ve worked hard to pull that together, so you know exactly what to expect.
Everyday Independence offers both practical and financial support for relocation to Australia.
We have a longstanding history of relocating international therapists to Australia and we have a dedicated G’day Everyday team to support you with your move.
Financial support for relocation is available for flights, interim accommodation (including quarantine), visas and other relocation expenses. The specific package of supports varies based on the role, the location and your visa.
Under some circumstances we can offer advanced payments OR employee loans to facilitate your move to Australia. Please discuss this with us at interview.
Contact our G’Day Everyday team to find out which relocation support package could work best for you.
Everyday Independence is proud to lead the way in immigration and settlement support for overseas trained and qualified therapists. We recognise that the settlement experience is critical to an individual’s wellbeing and ensures a smooth transition to your new life. Moving from one country to another is a big deal and our G’Day Everyday team is there to support you every step of the way.
With multiple international therapists joining us each month, you will have an instant community of therapists engaging in a similar journey to you.
Our dedicated team will support you with both pre-arrival and arrival support during your first six months and we offer a wide range of resources to support you with this transition.
- Dedicated G’day Everyday Facebook community where you will be connected with other team members moving/recently moved to Australia to work with us.
- G’day Everyday handbook covering everything you need to know to support your move and settlement to Australia.
- Dedicated induction programme to support your transition toward being a confident and capable therapist in the Australian health and disability sector (with material available prior to arrival if requested).
- Accommodation advice and finding your first home
- Learning to live in your new community
- Obtaining an Australian driving licence
- Obtaining your professional registration
- Obtaining clearances (eg. Police, working with children and NDIS Workers clearance)
- Finding childcare, schools and other education options for your family
- Getting your first bank account (we are now part of the Global Alliance Programme with the Commonwealth Bank supporting you to set your bank account up prior to arrival)
- Employee Assistance Programme: counselling support to optimise your mental health and support you as necessary.
Our G’day everyday team is always on hand to answer any questions and provide the support you need. All you need to do is ask! Contact our team today.
You will need professional registration to commence employment in Australia. Professional registration is required to ensure all practitioners uphold the quality and safety standards of therapy delivered to the Australian community.
We are delighted to support international therapists to achieve their professional registration as this brings skills, capability and diversity to the Australian allied health workforce and ultimately the participants we serve.
To work at Everyday Independence, you will need the following professional registration:
- Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Mental Health Nurses: limited or general registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Speech Pathologists: registration with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA)
At Everyday Independence we continue to support international practitioners to achieve their registration and can guide you through the process. There are a number of variables including country of origin, degree type, where your degree was obtained and your professional work experience. We encourage you to connect with us early in the process to discuss the best registration pathway for you, so you don’t waste unnecessary time or money.
We have dedicated teams to help you achieve both limited and full registration and to grow and develop into an outstanding therapist delivering evidence-based practice.
- The G’day Everyday team will support you with the administrative components of the process and obtaining a supervisor.
- The Everyday Independence Immersion team will support you with being an international therapist and learning how to be a therapist and professional in the Australian health and disability environment.
- Everyday Independence Therapy Consultants and Therapy Mentors provide your clinical supervision and support you with specific clinical development, learning plans and submission to the regulatory body.
We are fortunate to have a team of advisors on hand to guide you that have been through the immigration and registration process themselves and which helps keep us current in our approach.
Contact us now for an obligation free discussion about which pathway would be best for you.
Everyday Independence has been granted accredited sponsorship status by the Australian Department of Home affairs. This means that we are recognised as an employer of good standing and receive faster turn-around times for visas.
We offer a number of Visa options and we partner with you to discuss the right option for you, your circumstances, your family and your future aspirations.
The current options are:
482 Temporary skilled shortages visa (available for all areas of Australia)
494 Skilled employer sponsored regional visa (available for all locations except Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane)
186 Direct Entry visa (available for all areas of Australia)
We partner with a number of select immigration agents to ensure the visa process runs smoothly. They are carefully chosen based on their values alignment with Everyday Independence, their integrity and their strong history of positive outcomes for applicants. You will be introduced to the agent on acceptance of a contract with Everyday Independence.
Explore the best fit visa for your situation with our dedicated G’day Everyday team today.
At Everyday Independence we are able to support pathways to permanent residency for therapists coming to Australia and therapists currently in Australia.
We understand that being able to create a future and stability for you (and your family) is important. We are proud to have a high success rate with these applications.
If you’d like to be considered for Permanent Residency in Australia, reach out to us and we can guide you through the process and what’s involved.
Everyday Independence pays above award salary and at the top of the market for employees.
Our salary scales are determined using our transparent salary scale and are reviewed following your six month induction period and annually thereafter.
All positions come with a fully serviced car (for personal and professional use), phone and laptop.
We also have an Everyday Perks Programme to balance your career aspirations with helping you thrive in your everyday life.
Contact our G’Day Everyday Team to discuss what work and life could look like for you at Everyday Independence.