Everyday Independence Careers
Speech Pathology Careers
Our Speech Pathologists Supporting People to Engage with Everyday Life
Building confidence in people’s abilities and removing social barriers so they can enjoy more everyday independence is a big responsibility. But it’s just what our speech pathologists do, every day.
As an Everyday Independence speech pathologist, you’ll be part of a leading team, equipped with everything you need to become a highly effective social model therapist. You’ll learn from the best in the industry and be supported to harness your empathy and clinical passion to make a greater impact on the lives of people you support.
With new everyday perks, unrivalled learning and development programs, and vibrant hub life, it’s never been a better time to join our team.
If you share our vision for all Australians to have the skills and confidence to engage in everyday life as valued community members then we’d love you to join us.
“Working under a social model is so beneficial as it gives me such deeper insights to see and learn what’s happening around a young child in the places they spend most of their time. I then use these everyday environments as opportunities for
learning and development and to help the child’s family and other key people in the child’s life to make changes to help them reach their communication goals,” Heidi, Speech Pathologist.
Your New Everyday
Our speech pathologists play a vital role in helping people to enjoy everyday life by building their confidence and skills.
As social model occupational therapists, they also support people to overcome the barriers that are holding them back from engaging with their local community and the wider world they live in.
While each day is different from the next with new experiences, here are just some of the things our speech pathologists did last week:
- held a fun session in child’s neighbourhood park to work on their social skills
- linked a client with an allied health assistant (habit coach) to practice daily routines
- visited a mum recovering from a stroke and developed choice cards to help improve her communication with her family at home
- guided a team member over the phone while they were at a supported independent living facility
- explored external professional development opportunities to further develop their clinical skills
- attended a team social event and caught up with team mates over dinner
Find Your Next Role
Not ready to apply yet? Register your interest to join our team.
Want to learn more? Call 1300 179 131 and speak to our People and Culture Team about the perfect role for you.
Everyday Independence is a proud supporter of the Circle Back Initiative.