Everyday Independence provides Speech Pathology services for people of all ages and level of need. Our vision is to provide people of all ages with flexible access to the professional speech therapy and rehabilitation they need to live an everyday life, every day.
We provide chidren, young people, adults and seniors with assistance in the identification of issues such as Dyspraxia that are interfering with their ability to participate in everyday activities. Our Speech Pathologists work with clients to develop treatment programmes to address these issues and improve their ability to perform everyday tasks.
Our Speech Pathology services support clients with difficulty across Speech, Language and Social areas, including:
- Delay in acquisition of speech sounds
- Difficulty producing certain speech sounds
- Frustration or behaviour problems due to speech difficulties
- Voice problems, such as inadequate volume, hoarse voice quality
- Difficulties with following instructions
- Difficulties forming sentences
- Incorrect use of grammar
- Word finding difficulties
- Inability to initiate interactions
- Inability to maintain a conversation or take turns in a conversation
- Inability to follow instructions
Assessments for Speech Pathology are tailored to suit the individual needs of our clients, whether they are children, adults or seniors. We use functional and standardised assessments to provide clients with a personal evaluation of their speech and social skills, how these relate to their everyday tasks and personal goals, whilst helping to establish and set outcome based goals.
Treatment and therapy programs vary depending on the individual needs of a client and may include:
- Breathing exercises
- Relaxation strategies that are designed to help you relax your muscles when you speak
- Posture control
- Voice exercises
- Alternate communication systems
Speech Pathology services are available through Everyday Independence’s network of treatment centres and mobile therapists, providing greater flexibility and access for our clients.
To find out more about Everyday Independence’s Speech Pathology services contact us today.